Saturday 18 January 2014

A Practical Guide to Linux Commands, Editors, and Shell Programming


A Practical Guide to Linux Commands, Editors, and Shell Programming (3rd Edition)

Editorial Reviews

“The book has more than lived up to my expectations from the many reviews I read, even though it targets FC2. I have found something very rare with your book: It doesn’t read like the standard technical text, it reads more like a story. It’s a pleasure to read and hard to put down. Did I say that?! :-)”
–David Hopkins, Business Process Architect

“Since I’m in an educational environment, I found the content of Sobell’s book to be right on target and very helpful for anyone managing Linux in the enterprise. His style of writing is very clear. He builds up to the chapter exercises, which I find to be relevant to real-world scenarios a user or admin would encounter. An IT/IS student would find this book a valuable complement to their education. The vast amount of information is extremely well balanced and Sobell manages to present the content without complicated asides and meandering prose. This is a ‘must have’ for anyone managing Linux systems in a networked environment or anyone running a Linux server. I would also highly recommend it to an experienced computer user who is moving to the Linux platform.”
–Mary Norbury, IT Director, Barbara Davis Center, University of Colorado at Denver, from a review posted on slashdot.org


“I had the chance to use your UNIX books when I when was in college years ago at Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo, CA. I have to say that your books are among the best! They’re quality books that teach the theoretical aspects and applications of the operating system.”

–Benton Chan, IS Engineer

New Chapters on Python and MySQL–Covers Perl, too!
  • Learn from hundreds of realistic, high-quality examples, and become a true Linux command-line guru! 
  • NEW! Covers busybox, Midnight Commander, screen, and sshfs/curlftpf 
  • Covers the Mac OS X command line and its unique tools 
  • 295-page reference covers 98 utilities, including Mac OS X commands! 

No comments:

Post a Comment